Kittens, kittens everywhere! Unfortunately it is not that unusual to find abandoned kittens. The other day I went to the gym and someone asked me for advice. She had found several orphaned kittens in her backyard that were very small and she had no idea what to do for them.
This happens all the time. If you know someone in this situation - or if you'd just like to know what to do if this happens to you some day -this is good information.
1. If you are sure the kittens are orphaned or that the mother is dead, the best thing to do is to take them in.
2. You can try to call your local cat welfare, animal shelters and humane societies to find out who will foster kittens and what their policies are.
3. You can take the kittens in and foster them. There are certain things that kittens really need, like the proper food, shelter and general care.
It is important to even clean a kitten's genital area every few hours to stimulate them to urinate and defecate. It is important that you know what to do. Go to: Care and Feeding of Orphan Kittens.
4. Here is another very good article - Care of Newborn Kittens - Go to: Caring for Newborn Kittens
5. One more thing - many people that find kittens don't know how to determine their sex. Here is an article to help - go to: How to Determine the Sex of Your Kitten